Farstar Roleplayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outside observations

4 posters

Go down

Outside observations Empty Outside observations

Post  Seung-Mina Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:10 am

*Disclaimer: This post may sound a bit provocative, but it's just my point of View. There are no personal attacks, the "you" is plain 3rd person neutral

I've been around now for several weeks here, and it may be a bit drastic, but i think the situation here needs some new angles of approach, some fresh imput from the outside.

One thing i miss is a ongoing interfactional discussion. Till now it seems like the Imperials discuss their part, the others their part. Ok, if i get told to stay out of Imperial stuff, well..i just wanted to be helpfull. And if you don't want help/other points of view, well..it can end in a lone discussion/play.. It's easy to get a bad reputation with just a few blunt answers, but getting a good one takes forever. If there is a discussion which is/can be helpfull for all involved people, then participate and ignore the fact if its from a rebel/imperial/towndrunk or spaceboy we all could benefit from it. For example https://farstarrp.forumotion.com/ideas-f8/characters-t80.htm. When we started it i expected a fluid discussion between all involved persons..but well...you see where it ended..

A second thing which made me nearly stepping out of all this was the drama before the meeting started. When i heard that there are members who didn't join only for the fact of the meeting location i nearly fell of my chair. I thought we are adult persons here..and even if the character you play has some resorts against certain locations, drop it for the meetings. Or shall i next time, when someone may decide to hold the meeting in a pvp-gunboat (to give it a location i really avoid) in deep space throw a tantrum and don't participate? Isn't it better to stay over such drama and just join?

A third thing: the lack of spontanous roleplay or perhaps the lost ability to do something without planing it to death. Like the situation yesterday. We didn't want some epic battles, we just want to "spy" on your drill. But instead of playing along (it would be a nice situation for the rebels to gather "informations" about the synner transport, even if it would be just a "...and prepare the transport for our prisoner. We are scheduled for...what was that...") we get tells for "being not prepared" and "and the base is soooo secure, you never could enter..." (godmode anyone?). I already had some more ideas for such "surprises" but if the other side is not able to work with it, i think i will bury them again.. As i said on the meeting, i am no fan of completely planned events..i play more and better with throwing in an idea and see what others can make out of it..somehow directing it into a direction i want it to have, sometimes throwing my original plan completely away because the RP made something far better out of it.
I was also a bit disappointed from the "Casual Event". Allthough there were many Rebels/Mandalorians around (thank you NRep), i missed other imperials than the Sigma Pilots. And i know, some of you were online. At least a tell or mail with "sorry, i can't make it because of..." would be appropriate. Or was it again such a "it's a rebel thing and we aren't interested"...
Seung-Mina
Seung-Mina

Back to top Go down

Outside observations Empty Re: Outside observations

Post  Artik Silverfire Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am

/agree

I should work more on the disclaimer side though...
Artik Silverfire
Artik Silverfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiana Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am

I agree quite a bit with what's been said their. Will post more in a bit. This poxy thng is really getting on my tits
right on a proper computer now waiting for dinner to cook.

right where to start.
I think with OOC meetings, you have to "put up" with some locations, I can understand not wanting to trek across half a planet, but if someone has put a camp up and made the effort to organise it, I was a little baffled that some people "didn't like" the location and chose that as a reason not to go. As Mina said a few "blunt" answers can come over negatively here as you can't judge tone and stuff.

I also was a little disappointed by the response for the characters thread, which was set up to allow everyone to post a little blurb of "common facts" about their toons which I can only see helping people with RP.

I'd love to see more "spontanous" roleplay, but I know that RP has been a bit of an issue on Farstar, the Imperials have been more organised than the rebels, and i've been at the point of giving up entirely at least once or twice.
My kinda "idea" for it as such was to push some of the "structured/organised" events to give some of the people time together and a basis in RP, to hopefully spark the interest in it which would lead to more on the spot RP.

I am a little concerned with the reactions and the "godmode" going up as such. I mean if we're on about Mos Luna it has a shuttle! papers can be forged! etc, lol, I thought that was part of the point of the eisley patrol to generate spontanious RP and stuff? The only thing I suggested previously was that as the situation is ready to "kick off" is that a quick /tell could be sent to one or two of the people there to say "mind if I join in" or something, so they have a little heads up that you are going to join in with them as such.

Please don't bury your ideas tho, if I'm out of line someone please tell me, but from my view we need the input from others and the kickass ideas in order to develop and provide the RP that people are talking about.
Saiana
Saiana
Admin

https://farstarrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ibrahim Gaunt Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 pm

I've been around now for several weeks here, and it may be a bit drastic, but i think the situation here needs some new angles of approach, some fresh imput from the outside.

One thing i miss is a ongoing interfactional discussion.

--
I'll agree with this point definitely, at the moment there seems to be a lot of talking and not a lot of listening, with various ideas getting vented out into the open, but not much constructive discussion of ideas. This is something I think that will just take time and effort on all parts to get used to each other and get things going.
--

A third thing: the lack of spontanous roleplay or perhaps the lost ability to do something without planing it to death. Like the situation yesterday. We didn't want some epic battles, we just want to "spy" on your drill. But instead of playing along (it would be a nice situation for the rebels to gather "informations" about the synner transport, even if it would be just a "...and prepare the transport for our prisoner. We are scheduled for...what was that...") we get tells for "being not prepared" and "and the base is soooo secure, you never could enter..." (godmode anyone?).

---
As far as I'm concerned walking into an Imperial base and wandering around full armed and expecting not to get detected is 'godmode'. If you'd wanted to gain some intel and spy on our drill, all it would have taken is a quick message saying 'hi, we'd like to come along and spy on your drill, what's your base security like?' to which my reply would have been 'well, to be honest, it's pretty steep, although we have a green area for trading that you could probably lurk in pretending to be civilians, heck act friendly enough and we might even give you an unofficial tour of the base, no restricted areas, but you'd at least get a general overview and might overhear something useful'. To me that isn't excessive planning, it's just showing a bit of respect and courtesy.

Just to clarify, I accept that you feel like I'm God Moding my base and dictating to you how things should be done, but I hope you can understand that I feel like you have been God Modding and dictating to me how I should deal with your presence (i.e. giving me no option other than to ignore it so you can get on with your spying, otherwise, we either shoot you dead (not conducive to further RP as you'd have to re-roll your toon) or we arrest you (which kind of brings any other RP plans you may have had to a stand-still whilst you sit in a jail cell, or God Mod your way out when you get bored.)

---
Additionally, I'd like to refer to http://www.starsidergalaxy.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guide_to_%22Drama%22_Free_Roleplay once again.

To quote:

'Besides what breaks immersion more? An OOC, short, Calm and logical discussion about a roleplay story line? or hours or even days of endless arguments '

Ibrahim Gaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum