Farstar Roleplayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Death of a Newsman

4 posters

Go down

The Death of a Newsman Empty The Death of a Newsman

Post  margras Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Exact copy of HNR Report:

Hello once again, you're listening to this evenings Holonet News Report! In recent weeks, the empire has been demolishing abandoned buildings. However, are their activities so innocent? One of our reporters found blood in the remains of one of the buildings. Is this seemingly harmless demolition something sinister? An anonymous source reports that the evidence of people in the house at the time of detonation is not an exaggeration or an accident. He claims that-urk! (sound of something falling) Dean? DEAN? Oh my god shut those cameras off! YOU HEARD ME, SHUT THEM OFF!

-End of feed

Name: The Deceiver
Type: Space/Ground Hardcore RP
Date: TBD
Time: 20:00 GMT (Estimate)
Story Arc: The Death of a Newsman
Arc Event Number: 1
Previous Event: N/A
Next Event: Lets see how this one goes first.
Organizers: Margras; let me know if you want to help
Primary Characters: Margras; Ill post the roles i need.
Secondary Characters: TBD
Current Stage: Planning

<Description of event>
Imperial Briefing:
The holonet recently got ahold of some information that, if they get to the bottom of it, could jeparodize the entire operation we've been working on. ((Housing packup, RP reason is that the empire is seizing and destroying rebel/criminal storehouses and hideouts)) The empire wants to know how they got such information. Fortuneatly for the empire, the newsman who was broadcasting this information, Dean Yash'lora, was shot by an unknown party. It seems that we have an enemy with a common enemy, gentlemen. However, this man is as much of a target as the people who stole that information. We have gotten word that the datacard with this information has been stolen, and have the last known coordinates of the thief.

Rebel Briefing:
We have a situation here. The empire has somehow gotten hold of the whereabouts of our hideouts from Operation Bantha's Tusk and are destroying them. We just lost our safehouse south of Mos Taike yesterday. This is bad news. The amount of supplies that the empire has seized from us is bad enough; the men that we are using is worse. We all heard that broadcast, someone KNOWS whats going on. Unfortuneatly, the reporter was assassinated before he could finish. It had to be the empire, it had to be. We intercepted a transmition, apparently someone from HNR stole that datacard and ran off with it. We managed to get his last known location.

Freelance Briefing:
Alright, i'm only saying this once, so listen up. The rebels have hired us to give those imperial "demolition" teams a little surprise. We'll give them a surprise alright-wait. Whats that on the scanners? Fierfek, everyone out now!

<Current Issues>
I still need someone with good storyteller abilities and decorating skill, especially that. Please, let me know what role you would like to play in this. What do you guys think of asking a small donation, 50-100k for the people who want to join in who can afford it to cover the storyteller props and decorating?

Last edited by margras on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

margras

Back to top Go down

The Death of a Newsman Empty Re: The Death of a Newsman

Post  Tharek Tolemac Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:05 am

I have to admit that I forgot to reply.
It sounds like an interesting thing, though I don't have a clue what kind of event this shall be. But I don't have a problem with that.
In general, I can add the usual comment about the time. During the week a start at 20:00 GMT might be a bit late for me, I would prefer 19:00 GMT. But I don't know how that works with your time zone. Fridays and Saturdays excluded.
Also, I am not a good decorater, but might be able to help with other things.

Tharek Tolemac

http://www.twinlakes.granos.de

Back to top Go down

Post  margras Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:33 am

Ok, sounds good.

We'd probably do it on the weekends.

margras

Back to top Go down

Post  Synn Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Sounds good to me... but as one of ze freelance i'm currently employed by the empire (Hence my release Razz)

Synn

Back to top Go down

Post  Salofen Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Take this to further planning stages?
Salofen
Salofen

Back to top Go down

Post  margras Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes, edited and moved it to planning stage. The imperial squad that is asked to investigate is the Tactical Drop Unit (New IHC). Other people can join temporarily for the event.

margras

Back to top Go down

Post  margras Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 pm

I need a good place to act as a holonet news center. There might be shooting involved, so a player house probably wouldnt work. Any suggestions?

margras

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum