Farstar Roleplayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Meeting

5 posters

Go down

Next Meeting Empty Next Meeting

Post  margras Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Can we schedule something for 2100 GMT on March 25?

margras

Back to top Go down

Next Meeting Empty Re: Next Meeting

Post  Saiana Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:50 am

Can do, not sure if I'll be around tho off hand atm Embarassed

as long as someone wants to take the lead a little bit and arrange the time/place (and please not mos eisley....)
Saiana
Saiana
Admin

https://farstarrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharek Tolemac Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:25 am

Personally, as I always wrote, even 20:00 GMT is often a bit late for me. 21:00 is normally my target logout time. But I also know that you might tell me the opposite because you are from US and cant come earlier. Since you opened the topic, you have a higher priority, of course. Just want to mention that ahead. At that time, I will not be around with 90% security.

For some reason, it seems to me that on Farstar, people seems to prefer ingame meetings. Call me negative, but as far as I experienced, they cost time and patience to organise, while the benefits are often small, either because no discussion is running for several reasons or because the problem needs more text than you can type in a short time. And if you say "macro them ahead", then I dont see the advantage to a forum anymore.

In the current situation, I also see no benefit to hold another meeting, because the problems we agreed on previous meetings are still existing.

For example, it was agreed that we should maintain a shortlist of characters and characteristics. This was started here: https://farstarrp.forumotion.com/ideas-f8/characters-t80.htm and ended without a result.

Also, right after the transfer and especially after the mentioned meeting with the char list, it was agreed that we should have some sort of casual RP event without a story line, so that the chars can meet each other and learn their stories (without simply reading a char story), while the players can learn a bit how other players play their chars. So, we organised 3 events in Mountain View... and while the 1st was still well attended, the last 2 were nearly the same people. And if you dont have surrounding stories going on, small talk to the same bunch of people is boring even if you are good willing.

And dont get me wrong: I am not arguing about the reasons why people didnt participate in the events, there are topics open for that.

I just want to say that currently, on a meeting I could just repeat what I said on the last one:
We, that's most of the Infinity Transferees, still have no real clue who is playing around here (list topic), while we also havent met all roleplayers ingame yet (event topic).

This makes it at least for me hard to think of plans for roleplay if I have little clue what characters can be involved.

Lots of text, I hope someone read until here Smile

Long story, short point: In my (personal) opinion, the problems we have, have been topic on previous meetings already, what we lack is the execution of the solution proposal.

But: If you have certain topics in mind and want to add an agenda, I might change my opinion. So, please feel free to do so.

Maybe I missunderstood the meeting request completly, then feel free to correct me. Smile

Tharek Tolemac

http://www.twinlakes.granos.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Saiana Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 am

tbh, i have to agree with Tharek here, we've had a few meetings where we have discussed some nice ideas, BUT alot of what we seem to do is talk about it, so we lay out some nice ideas etc etc etc, and that usually is it.

I will use the Synner event as an example, we had a nice set up on how it could run, we'd talked about it at length I think, but when it came to time for organisation, I put up details, a date etc and got "ohh that will be nice" etc etc, but no one stepping up to orgainse that side.

It leaves me a little disheartened when myself (or others) set up an RP event and there is a minimal turn out, I understand that people have lives elsewhere etc, but as someone else has said, a brief message to someone saying why you can't make it is a curtesy.

I am happy to have an in game discussion (or over msn) for the freeflowing style where you can dicuss an idea and bounce ideas back and forth, but I don't think we can keep holding meetings without following through on the ideas we discuss.

The other thing I've pushed for alittle is a basic starting point for everyone to "launch off from", backstories can always be adapted a little, but most likely already fit with those close around you that you are playing with. This idea like the character section seems to have died a bit of a death.
I agree that the introduce yourself section would technically also serve as the starting point for a bit about your character, but to the same extent we still have a number of members that have signed up and posted nothing.

don't get me wrong with my rant lol, if I can be at the meeting I will be, not sure about this date off hand as I may be away somewhere (altho if my laptop runs swg I might be able to use that lol)

Failing that, if I'm in game (as long as I'm not in the middle of something) I can always be reached for a chat or to pop along to a meeting.
Saiana
Saiana
Admin

https://farstarrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Synn Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:27 pm

I'll be there... lets hope i'm not in a bad mood Razz

Synn

Back to top Go down

Post  Salofen Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Have a meeting, they pass time!
Salofen
Salofen

Back to top Go down

Post  margras Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Saiana wrote:tbh, i have to agree with Tharek here, we've had a few meetings where we have discussed some nice ideas, BUT alot of what we seem to do is talk about it, so we lay out some nice ideas etc etc etc, and that usually is it.

I will use the Synner event as an example, we had a nice set up on how it could run, we'd talked about it at length I think, but when it came to time for organisation, I put up details, a date etc and got "ohh that will be nice" etc etc, but no one stepping up to orgainse that side.

It leaves me a little disheartened when myself (or others) set up an RP event and there is a minimal turn out, I understand that people have lives elsewhere etc, but as someone else has said, a brief message to someone saying why you can't make it is a curtesy.

I am happy to have an in game discussion (or over msn) for the freeflowing style where you can dicuss an idea and bounce ideas back and forth, but I don't think we can keep holding meetings without following through on the ideas we discuss.

The other thing I've pushed for alittle is a basic starting point for everyone to "launch off from", backstories can always be adapted a little, but most likely already fit with those close around you that you are playing with. This idea like the character section seems to have died a bit of a death.
I agree that the introduce yourself section would technically also serve as the starting point for a bit about your character, but to the same extent we still have a number of members that have signed up and posted nothing.

don't get me wrong with my rant lol, if I can be at the meeting I will be, not sure about this date off hand as I may be away somewhere (altho if my laptop runs swg I might be able to use that lol)

Failing that, if I'm in game (as long as I'm not in the middle of something) I can always be reached for a chat or to pop along to a meeting.

I was thinking more of a small scale meeting to discuss my story arc and a few other little matters, just so as many of us as possible could get together and work on it. sorry i didnt make that clear

margras

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down